Dearest D-RAVEL Traveler,
Gabrielle (@gabrielleolejniczak) here, and I am a Cedar Rapids native! Having lived in Cedar Rapids my entire life, I have tried my fair share of local restaurants. When asked to come up with some of the ‘chicest’ food spots in the Cedar Rapids area, I quickly thought of a few of my absolute favorites. If you’re ever in town, be sure to check out my favorite restaurants in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
My Favorite Restaurants in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Caucho-If you love Mexican food but are tired of the same old thing, this is definitely the place for you. A self-described urban taco joint, Caucho mixes authentic with modern. Offering fresh, made in-house food, an ever-changing menu, and a full bar, Caucho is the perfect place for after-work drinks or a night out on the town.
- Cobble Hill-Their philosophy is simple; you don’t have to leave Iowa to eat like you are in New York City. Inspired by life in Brooklyn, New York, Cobble Hill offers fine dining with a dedication to using local products. Their menus are updated seasonally, and the restaurant’s dreamy aesthetic has landed them on a list of Most Romantic Restaurants in Iowa.
- Black Sheep Social Club-Black Sheep is fantastic because of its ambiance. It feels very modern, trendy, and upscale. With a wide variety of items on their menu and great drinks, there is something for everyone.
- R.G Books/ Vinos-Probably one of the coolest restaurants in Cedar Rapids. One side is reserved for dining, while the other side features a bar and lounge area. Both the food and drink menu feature very upscale and delicious options you’re sure to love.
- Popoli-Located inside of a former bank, Popoli has a very unique feel to it. They have lots of great drinks and a sophisticated menu. An excellent place for a fancier outing!
In Des Moines, Iowa? Check out our article on some of our favorite bars downtown.
Be sure to tag @the_d_ravel when you try out any of these restaurants downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa!